Panel upgrade, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpe02356

New User
Occupation
Accountant
Hey my fellow electricians, I was wondering if someone could help me providing me a peace of mind. So couple days ago, I contacted two different electricians because I wanted to add a wall charger for a Tesla to my house. The first one said that he will switch it to a 200amp circuit breaker and the second one said that he will switch to a 125amp and add a 50amp sub panel. FYI for the large appliances, I have a electric dryer and two electric ranges because it’s a townhouse over the second and third floor both with the same panel, other than that nothing out of the ordinary and my heat use gas. I went with the second option because it made more sense and was cheaper but now I’m having doubt about the safety of the property. I wish I could attach the pictures of what the box looks like, but anyway I would truly appreciate your opinion.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.