panel rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky23

so - we were asked to add a switch in hall - 3 way - go into panel to close breaker and we make the mistake of opening panel - -0 - rats nest of wires and 2 ,3, 4 wires on circuit breakers..... panel been like this for years - we know it is not code and informed owner....our solution is to gutter above the panel removing the multiple landings in panel to the gutter and feed single wires into panel...... I can not find a product to do this junction cleanly - any suggestions? thank you in advance

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
How much space do you have? Square box or rectangular? Or several small boxes, like 4" or 4-11/16".

sparky23

we have space above box to line up several junction boxes - but this look in my mind is homer looking - i havent had time to look at catalogue for isolated buss bars or the like to make a clean gutter - several polaris blocks might work - but then I am back landing several wires on one nut - so pigtails is the way for sure but I want it to be neat and organized inside... not a rats nest.. - thanks again for advice

oldsparky52

I'm not understanding why you want to gutter the top? Have you calculated that there is not enough space in the panel for splicing conductors to a pigtail to the breaker? How are the neutrals and grounds landed?

What wiring method are we talking about here?

Status
Not open for further replies.