Over-voltage and Mitsubishi Heat Pumps

kwired

Electron manager
I can see them doing that just to honor a manufacturer warranty, maybe? But that is exactly what I was told by the HVAC tech that’s what his recommended fix was. The homeowner is getting in touch with the POCO, maybe their pots need to be retapped in the town before I look into a buck/boost for the heat pump or their whole house. We’ll see what’s budgeted and who’s paying for what fix before I go back.

I’ll keep checking in for the continued and useful help from everyone, but I’m on hold until I get more answers from the homeowner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
contacting POCO is the best thing. if entire area has too high of voltage could be malfunction of regulating equipment, though most the time it tends to go even higher than what OP has which is still within acceptable range for delivery.

Occupation
E Eng
Any update on this? I'm interested to know how this was resolved. We're having a similar issue and i'm curious if the transformer internal to the unit can be swapped, or if it perhaps has multiple taps that can be adjusted.
Thanks!

WattsGood

Occupation
Maintenance Electrician
Any update on this? I'm interested to know how this was resolved. We're having a similar issue and i'm curious if the transformer internal to the unit can be swapped, or if it perhaps has multiple taps that can be adjusted.
Thanks!

Nothing heard back yet other than POCO was scheduled to check their transformer supplying them and the neighbors. I'll send a text out and see what's up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk