outside cut out box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary L

Hi
I have a older home I just bought. built in 1955. the wiring has been updated with a panel that has a main breaker. the net bus & ground bus are bonded & also bonded to case. that looks ok, "but" I found out last year a new under ground cable from transformer to meter was installed buy AEC Electric CO.
a main cut off (disconnect) was also added under meter! Will I have to unbound panel net & ground bus? I am not sure and would like advice!
when panel inside was installed there was no outside cut off. now they added a outside disconnect with new service wiring from transformer.
I may have a little trouble because some of the ground & net bus are shared on same" bus" because it was main breaker & disconnect" before....

Thanks for your time........GC :?

jumper

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.