Other-than-Cardinal Conduit Elbows

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Back when I was a first year, I told my foreman with pride that I had learned to bend 1/2" EMT pretty accurately with a hand bender.

He pooh-poohed that and said any journeyman could bend EMT with his knee. 😟:cry::poop: Perhaps all you need is a knee. :)
I worked with a journeyman that would bend it across the back of his neck…….awful looking conduit runs! He said that was the way they did it on oil rigs.

drcampbell

Occupation
Registered Professional Engineer
It would be nice to have a trade size and type of conduit.
It would be even nicer if everybody used ACTUAL dimensions and I didn't need to explain, for example, why a 3-eench pipe doesn't fit in a 4-eench stud wall to each successive new generation entering the workforce. Or have a project delayed because 36-inch windows were delivered after the framers built 3-foot, 6-inch rough openings. Or be unable to assemble a prototype x-ray camera because there are different sheet-metal gauges for steel and copper. Or crash a Mars rover mission because people wouldn't agree on which measurement system to use. Or guess which one of four different horsepower or eight different tons was intended. Or crash a Boeing 767 with 69 people aboard in the outskirts of some far-flung small town on a remote Canadian prairie.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
It would be even nicer if everybody used ACTUAL dimensions and I didn't need to explain, for example, why a 3-eench pipe doesn't fit in a 4-eench stud wall to each successive new generation entering the workforce. Or have a project delayed because 36-inch windows were delivered after the framers built 3-foot, 6-inch rough openings. Or be unable to assemble a prototype x-ray camera because there are different sheet-metal gauges for steel and copper. Or crash a Mars rover mission because people wouldn't agree on which measurement system to use. Or guess which one of four different horsepower or eight different tons was intended. Or crash a Boeing 767 with 69 people aboard in the outskirts of some far-flung small town on a remote Canadian prairie.
Sorry. I was just trying to help. I didn't think asking for a trade size and type was all too much to ask. Good luck on your project. Perhaps you should hire an electrician that already knows how to bend pipe.

D

Dell3c

I worked with a journeyman that would bend it across the back of his neck…….awful looking conduit runs! He said that was the way they did it on oil rigs.
Wowww. hillbilly, was this a "segment bend" or a "one-shot bend" ?? ;)

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
Or be unable to assemble a prototype x-ray camera because there are different sheet-metal gauges for steel and copper. Or crash a Mars rover mission because people wouldn't agree on which measurement system to use.

It would be nice. Now if I could just get all you bozos to agree to use the light-nanosecond as the unit of length, the mass of 10^25 silicon atoms as the unit of mass, and the second for time, all would be well :)

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.