OSHA 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterinbama

Been in the trade for 40 years.

Hiring in in about a week with a contractor that is going to send me to a 16 hour safety orientation.

I'm sure OSHA 10 is part of it all.

Any online resources that I can peruse, so the old guy doesn't appear to be clueless?

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
You won't appear clueless. You will be bored to death. I had to do an OSHA 40 a couple of years ago and it was so bad, when it came time for the quiz at the end of each section I started picking the correct answer only seven out of ten times because that's what I needed to pass. The remaining three I chose the most ridiculous answer just to entertain myself.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor

Hiring in in about a week with a contractor that is going to send me to a 16 hour safety orientation.

Any online resources that I can peruse, so the old guy doesn't appear to be clueless?

Sounds like your going to work for us, yeah we have a 16 hour orientation, but OSHA 10 is not part of it. Part of it is Smith driving training.

cpickett

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Large contractor in Huntsville Al. Kicker is I have close to 16 years of history with them.

I just had to do an OSHA 10 online training since more customers are requiring it. Didn't think I was going to make it through, hard to stay awake! In person class is better I think. I don't think the OSHA training has changed in 30 years. Trenching, fall protection, hearing protection, eye protection, etc. It is all very important but still boring. You probably know most of it but still may learn something. Good news is you only have to do it once and don't have to have yearly refreshers like you do with MSHA.

mayanees

Occupation
Electrical Engineer and Master Electrician

I suggest NFPA 70E. There's free access by just registering at NFPA.org.

Status
Not open for further replies.