One tenant space and one future tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have two spaces adjacent to each other one has tenant it’s medical office and the second adjacent to it is current vacant for future tenant. Currently the project is about medical office tenant space.

However, The future tenant space has HVAC equipment, lights being fed from panelboard B located in medical office tenant space.

I have been told that medical office has agreement with landlord that future tenant lights, HVAC are going to be fed from panelboard B located in medical office tenant space until new tenant moves in.

Questions:

1. If panelboard B does not fed any power or lights medical office space only future tenant space would their be any code violations?

2. If panelboard B does fed any power or light medical office space and future tenant space would their be any code violations?

3. What if assume their is no agreement between Medical office space and landlord would their be any code violations panelboard B located in medical office space?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
240.24(B) is your Code refernce and states the occupant shall have access to the OCP devices for his occupancy.
There are no more specifics so yoru situation is likely an AHJ call.
The arrangement has been accepted in this area.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
240.24(B) is your Code refernce and states the occupant shall have access to the OCP devices for his occupancy.
There are no more specifics so yoru situation is likely an AHJ call.
The arrangement has been accepted in this area.

I don’t get it adjacent is shell space no tenant meaning no occupant at present. How can 240.24(B) apply?

Medical office does have access to its own overcurrent protection with panelboard A, C in its space however future tenant currently vacant shell space has branch circuits from panelboard B located in medical office. Arrangement is such that when their is tenant then circuits from panelboard B remove relocate to new tenant space.

In mean time are you saying shell space with no tenant would need access to its overcurrent protection? It’s confusing sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.