One Line Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I build a lot of systems on graph paper as one line diagrams. I am looking for a software to build distribution systems with, but not "full engineer" levels just a basic system that I can use to distribute amongst my guys, potential clients, and architects. Something to alleviate my terrible penmanship! What do you think would work best?

GeorgeB

ElectroHydraulics engineer (retired)
Occupation
Retired
While 99% of a CAD package would go unused, maybe more, the ability to have a library of symbols would make looking at one a reasonable idea. Create the symbol once and use it many times.

I still use an older version of AutoCAD, even though it requires my running a virtual machine with Windows XP. I use less than 1% of its capabilities.

I bought a later AutoCAD version, but the extensive customization I'd done wouldn't run in it ... significance is to get something that you can stay with. There have been several threads here in the last 10 or so years with free simple packages; Google is your friend.

ron

While I use CAD to produce construction drawings, I don't use it as often as I used to.

Most of my quick onelines and block diagrams are done in Bluebeam PDF. I make symbols once, where each symbol is grouped into a single element and then I can make it look nice, without my terrible scribble / spelling being hard to read.

dkidd

Occupation
PE
There was a discussion aat:

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
While I use CAD to produce construction drawings, I don't use it as often as I used to.

Most of my quick onelines and block diagrams are done in Bluebeam PDF. I make symbols once, where each symbol is grouped into a single element and then I can make it look nice, without my terrible scribble / spelling being hard to read.
I would heartily recommend Bluebeam. Even Bluebeam Xtreme, their premier product, is under $500. It can be invaluable for commenting on drawings or even doing takeoffs. With the Bluebeam session feature multiple users can work on the same document at the same time and all the work is saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.