Old GE Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopper

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I am searching for specs and technical data for an old GE TNP34 panelboard switch. The switch is tripped and will not reset. The fuses are all good. it is used to power an HVAC unit in a store building. The HVAC unit was recently replaced and they are saying the breaker needs to be replaced. I looked at it briefly today and will return tomorrow to delve into it deeper.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am searching for specs and technical data for an old GE TNP34 panelboard switch. The switch is tripped and will not reset. The fuses are all good. it is used to power an HVAC unit in a store building. The HVAC unit was recently replaced and they are saying the breaker needs to be replaced. I looked at it briefly today and will return tomorrow to delve into it deeper.
It's a fused switch, it doesn't trip. Are you sure it doesn't have an Under Voltage Release? If it does, it would not allow you to engage it if there is no power on it. It might also just be worn out, those are pretty old, some of them go back to WWII era.

Be that as it may, it predates anything on-line, so about the only thing you can do is go to a used equipment dealer and get a refurbished one from them. Those types of companies snatched up all the drawings and specs on stuff like that, but they jealously guard them now because it's their livelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.