Oklahoma Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dduffee260

Does anyone know about the state of Oklahoma License ?? Does it reciprocate with any other state ??.....what type of test do they give out ???........can the webmaster give me my old name back.........DDuffeeInc

bphgravity

Re: Oklahoma Testing

The best place to get this information is at your state contractors licensing board, or just go to the local building department and ask what is required to become licensed.

daverz

Re: Oklahoma Testing

Duff...

Oklahoma has at least 4 different electrical licenses. You didn't say which you were refering to. I'm only familiar with the contractor exams.

Basically, there is an "Unlimited Electrician," and "Residential Electrician" classification. Each has a journeyman and a master level. However, in Oklahoma the master level is actually a contractor license and there is large portion of the exam that is business and law, OSHA, state regulations...things that would pertain to a business owner.

The current exam (contractor) is 4 parts. There are open and closed book code portions, a practical portion where you would demonstrate your ability to bend pipe, connect a few devices and motor controls. And there is also the Business and Law portion.

That is the current exam. In about 3 months they will be changing to a much simpler exam style for the master and journeyman licenses; a single part, open book exam. If you were trying to get a contractor license, the Business and Law part would be a completely separate test.

I have no idea which states reciprocate with Oklahoma.

Go to the "license" link at www.electric-find.com. This is a great starting to point to find what you're looking for. It has links to the licensing agencies in almost all 50 states.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.