Off grid and grid power in the same house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT off grid

New User
Occupation
Employeed
I have been trying to find if NEC has anything saying if you can or can't have two power sources that are not tied to eachother in the same house, my plan is to keep all of my non essential loads (220) tied to the grid through their own breaker panel and another breaker panel that has all essential loads (120) tied to my off grid system, the two panels would have no connection between the two that could cause me to accidentally feed the grid, if its possible I would like to add a manual transfer switch between the two panels just incase I run out of battery power but im not sure if that complicates my idea or not

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum’s rules.

This site is designed for:

Contractors
Electricians
Engineers
Inspectors
Instructors
Other electrically related individuals
This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.

Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work. The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike Holt Enterprises and the Moderators of this Forum do not wish to place you and your family in danger, by allowing others to give you too little information to ensure that the installation is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.