OC sensor with dimming and/or manual on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions on OC sensors. I could go through the miserable process of digging up and reading through instruction sheets, but I thought I would ask here first as there are likely people much more familiar with their use and functions.

I have some energy code requirements to meet. First thing is they must have manual on functionality. Is that common? I always have seen them auto on and auto off. Also, depending on the interpretation of the type of processes that go on in these areas, I may need light reduction control. Are there OC sensors that have light reduction or dimming built in? Finally, any product recommendations? I get very good pricing on leviton. Thanks.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Depending on what lights you use...

I used this Lutron Maestro in a daycare with LED can trims.

Has manual override, auto dimming, etc.

And with Amazon, you can even have a pro install it for you 😅

Rock86

Occupation
Electrical Engineer / Electrician
There are many options for OC/Vacancy sensors with dimming. It kind of depends on the situation. For private offices I generally call for a vacancy switch (manual on/auto off) with dimming capability. For single occupancy bathrooms, I use a wall mounted occupancy sensor. You can even get fancy and go with app controlled fixtures. It really depends on what you want to accomplish.

I know that isn't really much help. But if you give more specifics, maybe I could throw up a couple of suggestions.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
The Lutron MSCL-OP153M-WH manual says you can set the light level at which the lights come on with auto on, but the choices are 100%, 50%, and the Preset level.

So what does "auto" dimming mean in this context? I took it to mean that one of the settings would tell the dimmer/occupancy control to come on at a level dependent on the amount of daylight, which I don't see as an option on that model. [Although you can separately tell it not to turn on when it detects daylight, and over time program the daylight threshold.] But maybe I misunderstand. Does any dimmer/occupancy control offer that feature?

Cheers, Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.