not grounded 3 prong outlets installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i talked to the guy and he said he never intended to do ground the outlets, just to switch the plugs. he admitted he ripped us off and offered a full refund. we asked him why he didnt just tell us in the first place that it would have cost many thousands of dollars to do what we had asked and he didnt have a reply. should we accept the full refund or make him do the work? would you really have to rip out the walls to do this if my house is on a 2 wire system? i thought this was rediculous. we have boiler heat that has copper piping in every room. please tell me what i can do

Thanks
Carly

bphgravity

Re: not grounded 3 prong outlets installed

Take the refund and hire a new licensed and insured, professional contractor that will do the job right the first time. I wouldnt want this guy back in home at all.

Opening the walls and installing grounding conductors is only one of several options for your situation. Ask the new contractor to provide you with all options available. there are minimal cost alternatives. :)

pierre

I, like Bryan, would take the money and run!
I also would call in somebody from reference, if you can not get a reference, call the Building Official and get his input.
Good Luck

Pierre

ryan_618

If you live in a state that requires professional licensing, register a formal complaint with your local department of professional licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.