None

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdavis

In a new strip center, a concrete block wall is constructed 10' - 12' from building and the service disconnect with meter
centers on each side (with OCP for each meter)

Is an additional for each unit required to be installed on the outside of the building -or- is the service and meter centers
considered as the same as being attatched to the building

david

From what you describe, you have meters and service disconnects at the block structure (pedestal). My thought , it’s the same as any other type of pedestal.

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor
In a new strip center, a concrete block wall is constructed 10' - 12' from building and the service disconnect with meter
centers on each side (with OCP for each meter)

Is an additional for each unit required to be installed on the outside of the building -or- is the service and meter centers
considered as the same as being attatched to the building

I'm a little confused about what you're asking. Could you elaborate? Many commercial installations are done this way. Around here, I see it a lot where a "power station" is spec'd in the plans where the service equipment, xfmr and generator is to be installed. It's very convenient and allows the generator to be located away from the building yet remain close to the service equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.