NOCTI Teacher Electricity exam

Tigheguy

Occupation
Electrical teacher/Electrician
I am an electrical teacher at a vocational high school, along with our master license we need to pass a electrical teacher test with the company NOCTI, Has anyone taken this test ? If so what did you use to study for the exam?

cadpoint

Welcome to the Forum, enjoy the Surf!

I've never heard of it.

JMO, If the Kids can go on-line and dig and find the answers to Apprenticeship course studies and test(s)
I'm sure you can do the same.

In your favorite search engine use "NOCTI test", you'll be on your way.

retirede

I have no help to offer, but I want to thank you for what you do. I got into the field because of my high school Vo-Tech teacher.

Tigheguy

Occupation
I have no help to offer, but I want to thank you for what you do. I got into the field because of my high school Vo-Tech teacher.
Thank you, its a very challenging job especially in todays society. When you get the kids who really want to be an electrician its great.

Kurt Vilary

I am an electrical teacher at a vocational high school, along with our master license we need to pass a electrical teacher test with the company NOCTI, Has anyone taken this test ? If so what did you use to study for the exam?
I am also a HS electrical instructor. My students take the NOCTI, but I have never heard of a teacher test.

HEYDOG

I am also a HS electrical instructor. My students take the NOCTI, but I have never heard of a teacher test.
Are you teaching a Curriculum based on NOCTI? I taught high school electrical trades for 18 years….now retired. I had my Masters License and had a Teaching Certificate through the Department of Education. I was able to create my on Curriculum….We also had a Carpentry class that built a house every year, We had a Masonry class that did brick and stone work, HVAC that did the heating and cooling, and we did all the electrical work. They would sell the house during the summer and we would start another one in the fall. They averaged about 2,700 square feet. A great experience for the kids!

Tigheguy

Occupation
Are you teaching a Curriculum based on NOCTI? I taught high school electrical trades for 18 years….now retired. I had my Masters License and had a Teaching Certificate through the Department of Education. I was able to create my on Curriculum….We also had a Carpentry class that built a house every year, We had a Masonry class that did brick and stone work, HVAC that did the heating and cooling, and we did all the electrical work. They would sell the house during the summer and we would start another one in the fall. They averaged about 2,700 square feet. A great experience for the kids!
NOCTI took over the teacher testing in MA, I am on an emergency license at the moment and need to pass the electrical teacher exam. I have my Journeymen's and masters license but need to pass this exam as well. I have failed by 2 points so far. The exam is all over the place as far as what you need to know. From motor rpms and motor slip, to transformer calculations, to thermocouples and thermopiles. I am going to retake it again but was just looking to see if anyone had some success with this exam.

HEYDOG

NOCTI took over the teacher testing in MA, I am on an emergency license at the moment and need to pass the electrical teacher exam. I have my Journeymen's and masters license but need to pass this exam as well. I have failed by 2 points so far. The exam is all over the place as far as what you need to know. From motor rpms and motor slip, to transformer calculations, to thermocouples and thermopiles. I am going to retake it again but was just looking to see if anyone had some success with this exam.
I am not familiar with their test! I have seen some of their books on electricity before. There was so many things in those books that I would never need to know as an Electrician. Hang in there…study some more in the areas that you feel you’re weak in! I am sure you will pass it! Good luck!

Tigheguy

Occupation
I am not familiar with their test! I have seen some of their books on electricity before. There was so many things in those books that I would never need to know as an Electrician. Hang in there…study some more in the areas that you feel you’re weak in! I am sure you will pass it! Good luck!
Which books have you seen? I would be interested to check them out

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
I took a NOCTI exam, it seemed pretty industry specific. It was kind of weird. It used a lot of terms for things that I've been doing for 40 years and never heard anyone use, or even saw in any of my engineering textbooks. That being said, I scored pretty high, so I can't badmouth it too much

It kind of gave me the feeling you get when you talk to an Intelligent guy from another country and English is his 2nd language

Last edited:

Tigheguy

Occupation
I took a NOCTI exam, it seemed pretty industry specific. It was kind of weird. It used a lot of terms for things that I've been doing for 40 years and never heard anyone use, or even saw in any of my engineering textbooks. That being said, I scored pretty high, so I can't badmouth it too much

It kind of gave me the feeling you get when you talk to an Intelligent guy from another country and English is his 2nd language
I was reviewing some of the questions with another electrical teacher who took engineering in college and he seemed to get the impression that a lot of the questions were geared toward electrical engineering over your basic stuff most electrical exams cover. This also backs up what your experience seems to be.