NM or MC in church in massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrey

I'm a little confused. I am installing circuits in an old timber/wood frame church for air handlers and a/c compressors. I know that NM cant be used in the basement area of this occupancy with a suspended ceiling so getting to that unit is MC. My question:? is getting to the air handlers in the balcony/storage area overlooking the sanctuary. Can i fish NM up the balloon framed walls to the units? Once i get to that balcony area it becomes open and there is no plaster on the walls. Do I box and go to MC or just go MC all the way or can I even use NM in this case

peter d

I'm a little confused. I am installing circuits in an old timber/wood frame church for air handlers and a/c compressors. I know that NM cant be used in the basement area of this occupancy with a suspended ceiling so getting to that unit is MC. My question:? is getting to the air handlers in the balcony/storage area overlooking the sanctuary. Can i fish NM up the balloon framed walls to the units? Once i get to that balcony area it becomes open and there is no plaster on the walls. Do I box and go to MC or just go MC all the way or can I even use NM in this case

Is it actually a place of assembly, by definition? If not, then NM cable is acceptable in Mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.