New tripod vice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

Has anyone else tried the Ridgid 425 tripod vice?

I have been using one for the last 4 months and think the service vans shouldn't be without them.

They are much lighter and easier to set up and take down than the larget Ridgid 460 tripod vices. One hand take down. Just pick it up by the handle and it folds up and the legs lock in the folded position.

They only have a capacity of 2-1/2" conduit but are perfect for cutting strut, rod, conduit and threading. They say in the instruction manual not to use with a power threader but if you are careful I think you can for ridgid up to 1".

It doesn't have the bending shoes or the shelf below but it is what it is, a small portable vice.

You can see it at the Ridgid website.

mdshunk

Re: New tripod vice

I was looking at one of those a few months ago. They run about 275 bucks, which is cheap enough to have on a service truck. For an actual job you'll still need the real tristand.

tkb

Re: New tripod vice

I got mine at Roberts Tools for $225.

Search with the Ridgid number 16703 for the 425.

We use ours all of the time. If we did not have it we still wouldn't drag out the big vice unless it was a larger job.

Being small make it quick in and out of the truck and it doesn't take up a lot of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.