New Meter location and SEU in PVC SCH 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkelectrical

I am doing a house that is in the flood zone. The house was lifted 6 feet or so. The inspector wants the meter 1 foot above the flood level which places the meter about 7.5 feet from the ground.
POCO wants the meter 5 feet to the center.
Only solution there is after talking with POCO to install the meter by the door. The GC will built a platform for the side door and extend it to where the meter it is. That way the meter is 5 feet to the center for the POCO and way above flood level.

The only problem I am having is to run the seu to the peak of the roof in the front of the house.
I will need to go down and underneath the platform (not built yet) and up again to the front. There is a driveway so I was thinking I will need to sleeve the SEU where it goes down in SCH 80 PVC and up to 8 feet above ground level.

The picture shows new meter location, and the grey color shows how I want to run the PVC/SEU
I am worried about the many bends that I will need to make.
House_modified.jpg

Attachments

• House modified.jpg
    House modified.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0
  • House_modified.jpg
    House_modified.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0

FREEBALL

can you run the cable above the door, above light fixture. That will not look the best but would limit bends. Also I am assuming the old service equipment is located right under the meter location now, how were you proposing to refeed that. If you go in below the new meter location you will most likely need to set a disconnect at the meter, and run 4 wire. If you were going to run your cable back to the existing location then enter the building, you will have room to do that since your overhead drop was run above the door. I would probably opt to set a disconnect and enter under new meter, if not then pipe the load side of the meter to the outside location the entire way this would look better. Hope this makes sense.

pkelectrical

Underground is out of the picture, there is driveway, concrete sidewalks etc. plus the pole is on the other side of the street. I will set up meter + disconnect there.
I talked with the inspector, he approved my installation so it is all good.

Putting the cable over the door wouldnt work because of the light fixture. Would have to change the location of the light fixture, cut sheetrock inside the house etc, too much damage and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.