New Jersey 34 hours code refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I see in wordings. 10 hours code NEC course. Mandatory.

But I see no where the additional 24 hours is mandatory.

Anyone have any insight on this.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
With all of the issues surrounding covid and cancelled CEU classes the Board should extend the end date or modify the number of hours required for renewal.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yowza! Here in VA, we have to do a 3-hour code refresher for continuing education requirements every two years.

I can usually get through it online in about 2.5 hours, it costs around $40, and they notify DPOR when I pass.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
We do CEU 34 hours every 3 years. I think the deadline is may of 2021.
Yes the biggest scam going. Electrical inspectors are only required to do 15 hours every three years in NJ and it's paid for by the State. The EC has to pay for his own CEU's typically about $750-$1000 every 3 year years. :mad:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I started my virtual CEU classes and have enrolled in enough of them to have my 34 hours completed by March 31. Pretty simple process with all the comfort of your own home. Hopefully online learning is here to stay in NJ.

kwired

Electron manager
With all of the issues surrounding covid and cancelled CEU classes the Board should extend the end date or modify the number of hours required for renewal.
Renewal year at end of calendar year here. They said earlier in the year they were not modifying renewal requirements, mostly because of the number of on line courses that are available, and there was still something like 8 months left to be able to do so when they made this announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.