New circuits/transformer to supply power from highleg panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jute

I have been asked to get (2) new duplex receptacles in approx. 22 rooms in a old fraternity house. The panel is a highleg panel and already has (3) subpanels being fed from it... I talked to a person that is on the panel of NFPA and teaches electrical classes and was informed that this could be a FIASCO... But the best way he knows with the information I gave him is to install a transformer for the new power... I have pictures and more info posted on this websight along with another project that I need to run a subpanel for (6) 120v duplex outlets (2) 240v outlets and lighting for a laundry room that is being constructed in a portion of the existing garages... Please go to this sight for pics and more info on both projects, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks Jerry

http://home.earthlink.net/~cblinfo/customerpagemaster.html

Sparky Joe

I'm not sure where the 'Fiasco' lies, just don't tie into the high leg, not even with the 240 loads. But I guess if they want to buy and have you install a transformer on site then more money for you right?

As for the other project, perhaps a single phase(2 pole) subpanel would work, so no-one has opportunity to tie into the high leg later?

Status
Not open for further replies.