Need some opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelec

They are UK listed I agree with everyone but ultimately it's up to the ahj so we'll see if we can argue this one with the cheif code officials

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
They are UK listed I agree with everyone but ultimately it's up to the ahj so we'll see if we can argue this one with the cheif code officials

The AHJ does have last word on things, but if the AHJ holds to a version of NEC and there's no violation of NEC, then the AHJ has little to not approve it. They could not approve it, but then you (or the GC) has ability to appeal that decision.

Why not consult w/ AHJ before install and stone is cut? (at least should have been, etc).

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
The AHJ does have last word on things, but if the AHJ holds to a version of NEC and there's no violation of NEC, then the AHJ has little to not approve it. They could not approve it, but then you (or the GC) has ability to appeal that decision.

Why not consult w/ AHJ before install and stone is cut? (at least should have been, etc).
The OP is in NYC. They are not going to come to your job site and chew the fat over this issue.

florida-sparkey

Occupation
Master Electrician
The OP said NYC so I assume EMT system. In my humble opinion, it seems to me that the ground connection to the box is likely not accessible.

Like others have smartly said, if it was ENT with single pulls to a jbox, you could just pull it out, or in, as needed. If I ever see them, and lets hope I do not, that would be my play.

nickelec

NYC does not require EMT installs we use aromed ac cable 90% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.