Need help

Nichole35

New User
Occupation
Hvac technician and electrical assistant
I need help answering my conduit fill test I need help pasting this text ...............................

Last edited by a moderator:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome to the forum.

You'll find that we won't simply answer questions like this, but we will encourage you to try to answer them yourself, and we'll gladly guide you. You know, the proverbial fish. 🐟

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I need help answering my conduit fill test I need help pasting this text ...............................
Myself, I'd be more willing to help someone trying to understand something, than someone trying to answer questions from a test. There is a difference.

So what part of determining conduit fill do you want to understand better?

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
A common error in this calculation is using the information in Table 8 as the conductor cross sectional area. Table 8 shows the cross sectional area of only the metal in the conductor; you need to make the calculation using the total area of the conductor including the insulation. Obviously, the result will be different for different conductor types. Perhaps ironically, the result isn't different for copper vs aluminum conductors.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
A common error in this calculation is using the information in Table 8 as the conductor cross sectional area. Table 8 shows the cross sectional area of only the metal in the conductor; you need to make the calculation using the total area of the conductor including the insulation. Obviously, the result will be different for different conductor types. Perhaps ironically, the result isn't different for copper vs aluminum conductors.
Table 5 is used for this purpose, or where the cable or conductor is not found in that table, you use the manufacturer's data.