Need help trying to figure out something in regards to taking the NEC Elec. Exam

MEC&Co

New User
Occupation
Electrical
First of all, thank you for your time and help.

I am looking into getting my electrical license in the state of Georgia. On the "Georgias state board of Electrical Contractors" website/ Application it says

SECTION 3: REFERENCES Three (3) notarized original reference forms from people that have knowledge of your work are required. At least one reference must be from a licensed electrical contractor. Copies of the completed form will not be accepted, as the form must include the notarized original signatures. A cover letter is provided in this application packet that you can send to your references. Each reference is to return the Reference Form directly to the Board Office at the address above. Make additional copies of the Reference Form as needed.

Not sure how to handle this, please let me explain the issue/confusion.

• I have been doing electrical work since 2003. In 03 I joined the IBEW613 in ATL Ga.
  • around 06 left and became a sub contractor for Coweta Fayette EMC.
  • in late 2008 Left due to economy and went back to IBEW 613 in the IJATC program. Completed all the schooling work and was working on my OJT hours to turn out as a journeyman, had about 2-3 months of OJT hours left to be eligible journeyman.
  • In this time frame mid 2010 I got hired on with Georgia Power Company and still employed with GPC.
So my issue is, I don't have anyone really that I have worked with that I know who is a licensed electrician to sign off on for the referral application. I sent an email through the states website asking what other options are their for this and haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Does anyone know what I can do? All these companies are really large and don't know who to get to do my referral with in these companies. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and be safe.