Need article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malywr

I need help to find article how high from floor discontent can be installed and how low
I know that it can not be higher than 6’6” to top of handle but can not font that code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
240.24(A) gives a 6'-7" limit for breaker handles and handles of fused disconnects. I don't know if there is a similar rule for unfused disconnects. I believe there is no rule that gives a minimum height above floor level.

Malywr

240.24(A) gives a 6'-7" limit for breaker handles and handles of fused disconnects. I don't know if there is a similar rule for unfused disconnects. I believe there is no rule that gives a minimum height above floor level.

Thank you
I am going to replace panel and top of enclosure comes up to 7’7” since I don’t have this panel yet I am not sure how high will be top breaker without any modifications to conduits
Also someone told me there is minimum 3’ from floor but I don’t remember that from code book and our main gear bottom breaker is only 12” of the floor and was installed just 7 years ago.

Thank you for help
I have to look more often in the book

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Thank for for questioning "someone" about minimum height. There is a lot of misinformation and a good reply is "show me in the code where it says that". RE: minimum height, 2 ft to bottom for a mobile home service, Art 550. Seems like WA state has a rule on minimum height, and POCOs may have a minimum height.

Malywr

Thank for for questioning "someone" about minimum height. There is a lot of misinformation and a good reply is "show me in the code where it says that". RE: minimum height, 2 ft to bottom for a mobile home service, Art 550. Seems like WA state has a rule on minimum height, and POCOs may have a minimum height.

Thank you I did not realize that

Status
Not open for further replies.