need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerod

i am installing a non-sds optional stand-by generator with whole house transfer. the
exsisting service 120/240 3-wire 200amp all-in-one combo has riveted grounded service conductor lug. lug is attached to egc,gec and neutral bus. i will be installing a new 200a service rated enclosure with ocpd disconnect because i don't think the 200a 2p automatic transfer switch is rated for service. i would like to keep the grounding system intact and not have to move it to the new disconnect.
ungrounded conductors:
terminate to load side meter lugs and run to new ocpd immediately adjacent to existing service, out of disconnect to ats. back from ats to original 200a ocpd in combo feeding the distribution bus for lighting and appliance breakers.
grounded/neutral service conductor:
i will extend this conductor from existing combo bonded bus and bond at new disconnect neutral lugs and then on to ats and bond again at neutral lugs.
i am treating all equipment as service equipment. i do not want to unstrap mbj at combo and move egc and gec to new service disconnect if i don't have to. but i am a little unclear on the code when dealing with all-in-one panels.
all enclosures are isolated by pvc to prevent parallel paths. does anybody have experience with these combo services in this configuration?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Re: need advice

The new OCPD will be the service disconnect and the main bonding jumper and grounding electrode conductor connections must be made at this point. The bonding at the original combo would be in violation.
Don

jerod

Re: need advice

i will bring new isolated neutral from meter compartment of combo and land at bonded neutral bus at new OCPD.
seperate EGC bar and neutral bar and isolate from enclosure and run seperate conductors to new OCPD bonded neutral lug.
finally disconnect GEC and land at new bond in new OCPD disconnect.
should the neutral bar at ats be isolated from enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.