NEC 2014 section 225.30(B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
NEC 2014 Section 225.30(B) says by special permission additional feeders or branch circuits shall be permitted......

Is NEC 2014 Section 225.30(B) special permission is the same one that is mentioned in 90.4 or is it something different?:

1c7755bde19ea331ab7ccf8612a6164f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
NEC 2014 Section 225.30(B) says by special permission additional feeders or branch circuits shall be permitted......

Is NEC 2014 Section 225.30(B) special permission is the same one that is mentioned in 90.4 or is it something different?:

1c7755bde19ea331ab7ccf8612a6164f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to add other things but time ran out. In our AHJ we have the following would this be special permission NEC 2014 Section 225.30(B) talks about or something different?:

The Chief Electrical Inspector may, so long as the public safety is assured, grant administrative relief in the form of variances and/or waivers to the National Electrical Code (NEC), provided that said applicant clearly demonstrates substantial practical difficulties and/or circumstances of undue hardship involved in the implementation and enforcement of the provisions of the NEC, or local code. The particulars of such variances, when granted or allowed, shall be furnished in writing to the applicant and made part of the permanent file established by the Chief Electrical Inspector

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Wanted to add other things but time ran out. In our AHJ we have the following would this be special permission NEC 2014 Section 225.30(B) talks about or something different?:

The Chief Electrical Inspector may, so long as the public safety is assured, grant administrative relief in the form of variances and/or waivers to the National Electrical Code (NEC), provided that said applicant clearly demonstrates substantial practical difficulties and/or circumstances of undue hardship involved in the implementation and enforcement of the provisions of the NEC, or local code. The particulars of such variances, when granted or allowed, shall be furnished in writing to the applicant and made part of the permanent file established by the Chief Electrical Inspector

Does anyone have any opinion if you can please help me out. I don’t get it NEC 2014 section 225.30(B) is permitted exception then why need special permission? What exactly is meaning of special permission questions post #1 and #2 any opinions?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
You need a 90.4 written permission. The code intends to limit the granting of that special permission to the two cases spelled out in 225.30(B), however the AHJ can grant special permission for anything they want to. Special permissions are somewhat rare as few AHJs want to actually put something in writing as required in 90.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.