National Electrical Price Guide EPS+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretolearn

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I recently got Quantum estimating software. This software uses National Electrical Price Guide EPS+ data to price materials.
Does anyone else have experience with this service? I have contacted every major supplier in Florida. Most of them we have "large contractor" pricing through.
None of the can come close to the prices in this service. Any thoughts? Has anyone used Netpricer with any luck?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I get a kick out of electrical distributors. They have all kinds of names for various pricing tiers. But usually if they have a name for it, it is not a very good tier to be in. The names are just marketing and don't mean much of anything.

You will usually get your best pricing by sticking to one or two distributors for each brand and negotiating the price. Keep in mind they are masters of negotiation and you are a rank amateur. You may well come out thinking you got really great pricing because the sale's guy's boss came in and bled out one ear. Trust me, unless he is bleeding out both ears and at least one eye, you did not get good pricing.

You also will not get good pricing unless you buy enough to make it worthwhile. But that amount can be surprisingly low.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Has anyone used Netpricer with any luck?

I use NetPricer. It will take some effort from you and the supplier to get all the SKU’s matched up between your databases and also your assemblies.

You need to make sure your assemblies (or individually selected materials) match the brand and SKU of what you purchase from them to have an accurate price.

You can link to multiple suppliers, but again, whatever material SKU is in your assembly is the price it will pull down.

Also, you will need to go into your material database and make sure the unit prices match; an example would be your supplier pricing bonding screw per 100 and your estimating software prices per each. So a $0.04 screw becomes $4.

I use Conest, and I’ve added quite a few items I use on a regular basis that are not in the conest database, but are in my supplier’s, and NetPricer will update those prices accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heretolearn

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I get a kick out of electrical distributors. They have all kinds of names for various pricing tiers. But usually if they have a name for it, it is not a very good tier to be in. The names are just marketing and don't mean much of anything.

You will usually get your best pricing by sticking to one or two distributors for each brand and negotiating the price. Keep in mind they are masters of negotiation and you are a rank amateur. You may well come out thinking you got really great pricing because the sale's guy's boss came in and bled out one ear. Trust me, unless he is bleeding out both ears and at least one eye, you did not get good pricing.

You also will not get good pricing unless you buy enough to make it worthwhile. But that amount can be surprisingly low.
This is what I expected. I just wanted some more seasoned professionals confirm. My sales guy's boss comes out bleeding but he can still walk. So I guess I'll have to break his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.