Names of Exam books or Electrical study books

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

I'm currently preparing to take the Massachusetts Masters Electrical license. Could someone tell me the titles of some Electrical texts that would be invaluable to my library. I already have the Electricans Handbook and Basic Math for Electronics and Electrical. Any text titles or recommended exam prep. texts would help greatly. Thank you for your time and effort.

Justin J. Walecka

ken987

Re: Names of Exam books or Electrical study books

Mike Holts' book electrical exam prep about 3000 questions and answers. I'd suggest buying directly frm him so you get the and answer sheet.

ken987

That is the only book I used to study for my test I passed the first time. I did every question in the book, took about 4 months 3 hours a night besides studing the code book.

highkvoltage

What company is administering the test? Experior or ICC. Contact them. They usually have sample test for sale. I to used the Mike Holt books along with the study guide from ICC. Passed the first time. Good Luck.

[ February 17, 2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: highkvoltage ]

peter

I'll second the notion of getting the exam book directly from Mike Holt so you get the answer sheets. The book is virtually 60% worthless without the answers if you are self-studying. The 1999 edition, however, does have the answers in the back.
Delmar's Standard Textbook on Electricity by Herman is good for all the theory stuff. Go to your local library and check out everything they have in the electrical section. :D As Weng would say, "more cheaper".
Whichever year you are studying for, get the NEC edition of the handbook.
Another test book which I found use ful is by John E. Traister. You can get that from Amazon.
~Peter

any of the books listed here already are great books. but don't even think about getting the Comprehensive Study Guide for Electrical Examinations from the IAEI. what a waste of good paper. a friend and i bought 2 of these books to study for the inspector certification and found so many mistakes we were about to throw it away. after several emails we got a copy of the errata and several days later a copy of the errata to the errata. what a dissapointment. good luck on your test and finding a good book.

[ February 19, 2005, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: hcecabigdog ]

ken987

By the way the most important info in Mike's book is in the first chapter, on learning and taking the test, READ IT, it will bring some insight and help you. Your going to be all nervous and the guy will tell you to start, but then you spaz out. Read how to take the test, that is very important and remember it, when you sit down and are about to take the test. I followed what Mike had said and I did all 100 question on the Experior test in 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.