My three favorite tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I have had a Milwaukee M18 drill, hackzall and just got a multi-tool. The hackzall has been very usefull, but now I really like the multi-tool. I had a house with 4" cedar siding and needed to cut in a 1" thick wood block to mount an exterior light on. The multi-tool did the job very precisely, and quickly

Attachments

• 2015-08-16_18-44-50_840.jpg
    2015-08-16_18-44-50_840.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2015-08-16_18-42-28_988.jpg
    2015-08-16_18-42-28_988.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 2
I have had a Milwaukee M18 drill, hackzall and just got a multi-tool. The hackzall has been very usefull, but now I really like the multi-tool. I had a house with 4" cedar siding and needed to cut in a 1" thick wood block to mount an exterior light on. The multi-tool did the job very precisely, and quickly

I love the hackzall, it is one of my favorite tools. I like it so much better than the typical two handed sawzalls. I use it to cut boxes in plaster and lath (perfectly!), cut large conductors, cut drywall, cut strut pipe and rod, even cut boxes into built in bookcases. I once walked up to a built in the carpenter had just finished, hackzall in hand to cut in some boxes. He was super nervous and offered his jigsaw. Nah I said, this tool is better, I can see better, get in tighter places, and have more control....

I have the Milwaukee cordless metal cutting circular saw, but I actually havent used it yet. I think that will be super handy for commercial jobs cutting strut, rod, and small pipe.

norcal

I have a number of M12, and M18 drill and cordless bandsaw, like them all, just wish they were not ChiCom sourced, Got the M18 tools at a local scrapyard from a tool trade in, (most were DeWalt), been quite happy and makes me want more, next is going to be a M18 impact, debating either a bare tool or the whole kit to get extra battery or batteries, & charger.

Just a note: the M18 bandsaw is great when cutting EMT, or Wiremold, got turned on to the uses of a multi tool in the last year, never thought they could be so useful.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Started out with Dremel oscillating saw, when I quickly melted it I bought a Fein, better late than never.

Several M-12's, I like the hacksall and bandsaw the best, like the laser plumb bob but don't get to use it much on the kind of work I do now, should have bought it 30 years ago.

templdl

I just love m M12 1/4" ratchet driver and I bought the matching dremal type grinder that uses he same batteries. They are impressive tools.

FREEBALL

Im similar I have 18v hackzall, drill and impact would like to get cordless hammer drill but my Milwaukee falcon works great. Bigger jobs I use the Bosch its not Milwaukee but couldn't beat the deal when Lowes was getting rid of the Bosch spline drive line. I have a Milwaukee scope camera that works nice to look into bored holes for damaged cables when doing old work.

Status
Not open for further replies.