Municipal Light Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock86

Occupation
Electrical Engineer / Electrician
Not sure if this is considered an electrical question... but NEC 410.30(B)(3)Exception discusses light poles 8ft or less above grade shall not be required to have a bonding terminal. So the light pole manufacture makes a light pole 7'-10" tall and it is installed on a 6"tall concrete base. Should the electrician now supply a bonding terminal and ensure it provides a solid electrical connection to the metal pole? Technically the pole became 8'-4" above grade so I would say yes, but could it be argued any other way?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Not sure if this is considered an electrical question... but NEC 410.30(B)(3)Exception discusses light poles 8ft or less above grade shall not be required to have a bonding terminal. So the light pole manufacture makes a light pole 7'-10" tall and it is installed on a 6"tall concrete base. Should the electrician now supply a bonding terminal and ensure it provides a solid electrical connection to the metal pole? Technically the pole became 8'-4" above grade so I would say yes, but could it be argued any other way?
Well, if it says "light poles 8ft or less above grade" and not "light poles 8ft or less tall" then I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.