Multiple 90's spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtite

I have 7 2/1-2" emt laying on a rack with threaded rod from decking .
i need to 90 the 7 conduits to a seperate rack to the right of were the conduits lay.
The spacing between conduits edge to edge is 2.5"

I havnt ran conduit in a bit so I'm a little rusty , I'd like to cut all my in between pieces at once
to save time .I know each conduit from right to left will be greater then the next but I forgot how to do all my cuts at once and keep my spacing the the same.

I have the inner conduit already 90'ed to the 2nd rack.
my guess is to measure from back of the conduit i 90ed make a mark on rack at 2.5 then make a mark what ever the width of the conduit is that will be my back of 90 say it's five" add that to
each pipe .

I hope my explanation of what I'm doing is understandable please excuse me if it's hard to read. I did a drawing to give a visual . Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Judging by your [upside down] drawing, you are using factory 90's. If that be the case, and all your "from" rack conduits are even, each successive in-between piece will be 2-1/2" + 2-7/8" (the O.D of 2-1/2" EMT) = 5-3/8" longer than the preceding piece.

liquidtite

Judging by your [upside down] drawing, you are using factory 90's. If that be the case, and all your "from" rack conduits are even, each successive in-between piece will be 2-1/2" + 2-7/8" (the O.D of 2-1/2" EMT) = 5-3/8" longer than the preceding piece.

So you take what ever your your spacing is and add it to the overal demension of pipe .

thanks for time and knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.