multifamily dwelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Our shop got its first multi family dwelling or apartment job. The unit is a burned unit that all four apartments or quad apartments had to be torn down. The unit was torn down but the unit was where all the services were mounted to building. The feeders from the 4 burned units are gone becasue of demo. The remaning feeders from un burned units went through the original apartments. The new plans dont show them being rerouted so my question is.

is it ok to run all 8 units threw one apartment? if so Is there any spacing i need to be made aware of? Is there anything i should look out for? please any help..

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Our shop got its first multi family dwelling or apartment job. The unit is a burned unit that all four apartments or quad apartments had to be torn down. The unit was torn down but the unit was where all the services were mounted to building. The feeders from the 4 burned units are gone becasue of demo. The remaning feeders from un burned units went through the original apartments. The new plans dont show them being rerouted so my question is.

is it ok to run all 8 units threw one apartment? if so Is there any spacing i need to be made aware of? Is there anything i should look out for? please any help..

i couldnt figure how to delete this post so here it goes again.

The feeders for a 12 unit complex run threw one units ceiling, 4 of the units are demoed to reconstruction. The remaining units feeders are good and can be reused. my question if it can be answered. Can the feeders run threw one unit and if so can is there something other than supporting wire you guys can help with with install. thanks for help

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
i couldnt figure how to delete this post so here it goes again.

The feeders for a 12 unit complex run threw one units ceiling, 4 of the units are demoed to reconstruction. The remaining units feeders are good and can be reused. my question if it can be answered. Can the feeders run threw one unit and if so can is there something other than supporting wire you guys can help with with install. thanks for help
My take would be that you could run the feeders outside the units in a common space, but not through interior walls or ceilings of the new units.
But I do not have the code section to support that.
Branch circuits are much more clearly specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.