MRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
So elec drawings show motor rated toggle for FCU's. Mech drawings and schedule( in pic) say to provide disconnect.
Don't think an FCU can come with integral motor rated toggle( search the manufacturers website). Who do you think is responsible for the disconnect?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 12

Charged

Occupation
Electrical Designer
If the mechanical schedule says provide with disconnect then the mechanical contractor should provide the disconnect whether it’s factory mounted or not. I could see the electrical engineer being safe and adding something anyways but it’s should get flushed out in shop drawing phase and the electrical contractor shouldn’t have to provide one IMO even if it’s not factory option.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
If the mechanical schedule says provide with disconnect then the mechanical contractor should provide the disconnect whether it’s factory mounted or not. I could see the electrical engineer being safe and adding something anyways but it’s should get flushed out in shop drawing phase and the electrical contractor shouldn’t have to provide one IMO even if it’s not factory option.

Read through project specs before making any assumptions about who provides it.

I can’t think of any jobs I’ve done where the mechanical contractor provided an external disconnect. There is usually a note that the EC provides them along with connections.

The only electrical items hvac contractors might supply on projects I’ve done are duct detectors; and half the time they exclude it and I get a call from the GC that I should pick it up.

If there’s any sort of BAS involved it’s typical that the EC will provide the wiring and installation of room sensors and duct probes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charged

Occupation
Electrical Designer
Read through project specs before making any assumptions about who provides it.

I can’t think of any jobs I’ve done where the mechanical contractor provided an external disconnect. There is usually a note that the EC provides them along with connections.

The only electrical items hvac contractors might supply on projects I’ve done are duct detectors; and half the time they exclude it and I get a call from the GC that I should pick it up.

If there’s any sort of BAS involved it’s typical that the EC will provide the wiring and installation of room sensors and duct probes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The drawings are the specs, I think assuming based on traditional approach will get you In trouble. If the mechanical schedule says it’s provided with disconnect then it’s part of the mechanical scope unless someone else has divided the bid packages not based on the drawings “M” and “E” and spec divisions. Maybe that’s what you mean by specs , scopes of work or bid packages described in the front end. That’s a good point.
Makes me think about 120v control wiring for mechanical equipment. That can be unclear on drawings and specs a lot of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.