Mounting Wiremold box to hollow aluminum beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

k048644

Please Help! How can I mount a Wiremold Box to a hollow aluminum beam for a ceiling fan in my patio? I am leary of using screws as they may loosen while fan is on. Or is there a screw that won't loosen by itself? Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks so much.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
As Dennis is permitting this so far, I'm guessing because it's really a mechanical question:

What are the dimensions of the accessible part of the beam, bottom width and sides going upward?

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I think there is a paddle fan acceptable listed wiremold box but attaching to the aluminum channel is all you, probably use 3/16 toggle bolts?

k048644

Are you now or were you an electrician. Retired doesn't tell us what you do or did for a living

Dennis, I may be in the wrong place. i was looking for help on how to mount an electrical box to a hollow aluminum beam. I am semi retired, yes, I am not an electrician, just a novice homeowner trying to install a ceiling fan in my patio. I still do part time work for Best Buy as a inventory auditor. I apologize if I am in the wrong place. I was looking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.