Modular Home wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob91794

When running wire under a new modular home, can you run wire (I am using type UF) stapled up as you would a regular site built home? This is not a mobile home, and looks to me like it was built on-site except for the wall where the two sections join. There is no steel under this house, it is on a brick foundation.
I have not worked much yet with modular, but our area is getting more as time goes on.

Thanks

[ June 16, 2004, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: bob91794 ]

caj1962

Re: Modular Home wiring

If this is on a crawl space instaed of a basement, which is how most of these type homes are in my area, then no strips would be required and his wiring metod would be fine. If it is in a basement why would you run UF instaed of NM cable?

stew

Re: Modular Home wiring

I hear and agree with what you are saying about a crawl space Jeff but back in 67 or so my first real wiring job was on my own house installing A new 200 amp service and electric heat. The inspector made me use running boards under a 30 inch crawl space. Also made me instal a "hot,cold and waste" bond before he would pass it. Dont really know how he knew I actually did the bond because the pipes were in a corner of the house in crawler that he would have had to crawl the length and width just to get to them. Funny he didnt care that this bond of the water system was 60 or more feet from where the water came in.. Oh well. done and done anyways.. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.