micro inverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

djd

I really just want a little feedback on micro inverters and their reliability , and real advantage . the place where they are to be used is on an addition to a house that is going to push 14000 sq. feet. I have negative feedback on these but really cant tell the owner anything definitive other than rumor.

GeorgeB

ElectroHydraulics engineer (retired)
Occupation
Retired
On a small (4250 W) roof mounted system, the installer recommended and used 17 Enphase microinverters. They've been trouble free for 5 years now. These are the M215 version.

My research shows them to be a wise choice for small systems subject to "some" shading.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Enphase is an industry leader with very reliable products. In my experience their products are much more reliable than the leading competitor which sells DC-Optimizers. If you are asking about some other micro-inverter manufacturer I wouldn't be able to speak to that. I would say that the quality control of the particular manufacturer you choose is going to be the much bigger factor than the system topology you use. That is, one manufacturers product might be excellent and another's might be crap, whether you choose micro-inverters, DC optimizers, or some other option.

Micro-inverters tend to be most competitive on an initial cost basis the smaller the system.

djd

Thank you everybody for your input ,I also did a little research and they do seem like good choice. I think he is going to use Enphase.

Status
Not open for further replies.