meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
And for those on a severe budget, have gotten digital kW-hr meters at times on ebay, etc. for < $10 each.

Kinda nice for one's own home to know what the heat pump, water heater, well pump, dryer, and kitchen range each use themselves.

If one is electronically and computer savvy, PICOtech has a large selection of data logger type instrumentation that would fit your application.

enireh

meter

And for those on a severe budget, have gotten digital kW-hr meters at times on ebay, etc. for < $10 each.

Kinda nice for one's own home to know what the heat pump, water heater, well pump, dryer, and kitchen range each use themselves.

If one is electronically and computer savvy, PICOtech has a large selection of data logger type instrumentation that would fit your application.

thank you much!

kwired

Electron manager
I got some mechanical meters from one POCO when they were in the process of converting their entire system to electronic meters, for no charge at all.

templdl

is there a meter for easy monitoring of subpanels on one's property? I'd like to know what each panel is using monthly

This is somewhat of a leading question as I would assume that you would be using the results for a person budget of in order to find where the power is being used. What I don't that it would be legal to do is to charge tenents for power based upon these meters even though it on "one's property."

Tony S

I don’t know about the US, the UK has very strict legislation for the “resale of energy” either electricity or gas.

A landlord is only allowed to add a % of the service charge to the actual energy usage.

I will add, I believe our legislation is based on US practice.

For recording home usage the freebies from the local PoCo that KWired mentioned would be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.