Meter Mains

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaradayFF

Hello,

In scenario where meter mains are considered a service disconnect, is the neutral bar factory bonded to the can? For 120/240V service, I'm going to have 4 wires coming out of the meter mains to the ATS downstream. Can I connect EGC and neutral to the same bus bar in the meter mains enclosure?

Thanks,
EE

david

meter mains normally come with a bonding kit

you can connect the feeder equipment ground to the nuetral busbar in service equipment, You need to pay attention to how many lugs that can be attached to that busbar

GerryB

I have the same question. My scenario is residential 5 gang meter mains 100 amp each, 400 amp overall service. In the center wiring compartment there is a large lug with a green screw bolted to the neutral buss. The side compartments where the meters are have factory ground bars mounted to the enclosure. Can my water ground and rods go to one of those ground bars (that is where the SER grounds go) or do they have to go to the lug on the neutral buss, (which I think yes).

david

I have the same question. My scenario is residential 5 gang meter mains 100 amp each, 400 amp overall service. In the center wiring compartment there is a large lug with a green screw bolted to the neutral buss. The side compartments where the meters are have factory ground bars mounted to the enclosure. Can my water ground and rods go to one of those ground bars (that is where the SER grounds go) or do they have to go to the lug on the neutral buss, (which I think yes).

GEC need to bond to the neutral, neutral bus or another bus that has an approved main bonding of a bus type or wire type main bonding jumper between the equipment ground bus and the nuetral bus

GerryB

GEC need to bond to the neutral, neutral bus or another bus that has an approved main bonding of a bus type or wire type main bonding jumper between the equipment ground bus and the nuetral bus

Thank you. Seeing as they provide a lug it looks obvious. I know 200.2(B) says continuity of the neutral shall not depend on the the metallic enclosure. Being the ground wire made me think it was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.