Meter local inspector ul listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
The inspector has every right to feel comfortable with something he's responsible for putting a green label on.

If he's not sure about it, he probably just simply needs the proof.

Can't blame him for that.

JAP>

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Depending on the situation the hub may be required to be a grounding hub to comply with 250.92. Standard Myers hubs are not listed to comply with 250.92. They are available. Other than that, I think the inspector is wrong. I would take it above him.
This used to be my turf years ago. Is this City of Naples or Collier County?

82ndairborne

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Depending on the situation the hub may be required to be a grounding hub to comply with 250.92. Standard Myers hubs are not listed to comply with 250.92. They are available. Other than that, I think the inspector is wrong. I would take it above him.
This is the city of Naples

kwired

Electron manager
I did get a letter today from the manufacturer’s representative showing the email chain with the Model number with my supplier asking the question based on my installation method. The manufactures representative said he spoke with the manufacturer and they found no fault of what I did. I gave the email chain to the head electrical inspector, and he still did not except it. He is looking for a direct letter from Siemens. Hopefully my next step I am able to get that letter.On a sidenote I already have gone to the superior authority. This is their stance standing behind the inspector at this time.
What does he want? Seems that is basically what you got? There is no one person that is "Siemens" that I am aware of and whoever you get a letter from will be a representative at the most.

kwired

Electron manager
bonding fitting on other end of the raceway is also sufficient, does not necessarily need to be a "bonding hub"

jap

Occupation
Electrician
The letter goes into much more detail than one would think a manufacturer would.

That and the fact that it's dated 2017 makes this whole thing seem odd to me.

JAP>

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Contact Siemens directly, I have had their tech people help me with letters before.

With the exception of Dupont I have always had good help from manufactures when I needed back up for something with a product .

Roger

82ndairborne

Occupation
Electrical contractor
The letter goes into much more detail than one would think a manufacturer would.

That and the fact that it's dated 2017 makes this whole thing seem odd to me.

JAP>

Attachments

• E786C29A-1063-4D84-8032-E0657221D0BC.png
    E786C29A-1063-4D84-8032-E0657221D0BC.png
    543.8 KB · Views: 20

82ndairborne

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Contact Siemens directly, I have had their tech people help me with letters before.

With the exception of Dupont I have always had good help from manufactures when I needed back up for something with a product .

Roger
Thanks Rodger they did send me a letter it was a boilerplate statement in regards to an issue they had had before I’m sure but it worked out thank you

82ndairborne

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I gave them this chain email to From Siemans they are the ones that attached letter. I’m sure it was just a boiler plate statement from another time they had an issue the inspector accepted the letter.

82ndairborne

Occupation
Electrical contractor
There comes a point when the code is just the code and what you think about the UL because you have a hunch shouldn’t come in to play. It’s getting difficult enough to be in Electrician these days with the perpetual code changes And Vigilante inspectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.