Making Holes inside the main residential service panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

I agree with the rest of us; this is ridiculous. I would contact the panel manufacturer, with pictures, and ask them to inform you (and the inspector) that what you did was not outside their approved methods of connecting conduit to their enclosure.

Why not just demand a Code reference for the (alleged) violation from the inspector?

kwired

Electron manager
AC means 'alternating current' in the solar forum, not 'air conditioning.'
Good point, might still increase possibility that this is outdoors. Still they make myers hubs, sealing locknuts, "raintight" fittings -though the sealing washers that come with majority of them won't last a year in sunlight.

Carultch

AC means 'alternating current' in the solar forum, not 'air conditioning.'

I've specified "air conditioning" disconnects, in a PV application, in order to be more space efficient than the ordinary 60A AC disconnect. AC meant both alternating current and air conditioning when identifying the product, even though the application had nothing to do with air conditioning.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I've specified "air conditioning" disconnects, in a PV application, in order to be more space efficient than the ordinary 60A AC disconnect. AC meant both alternating current and air conditioning when identifying the product, even though the application had nothing to do with air conditioning.
For air conditioning I usually use A/C or HVAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.