Main Bonding Jumper Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

I have a 400 amp service that consists of interconnection box where the POCO'S wire lands and that feeds into a 5 gang meter socket with disconnects via bus bars. The factory supplied main bonding jumper is located within the POCO'S portion of the interconnection box.
I am not used to this as it has always been within my section of the gear. Is this normal?
My supplier says that SQ D does not have a main bonding jumper for the meter socket side of the gear.
I would land my grounding electroed and bonding jumper that goes to the water line within the POCO'S section of the gear?
The two pieces of equipment are joined together by three 1/4 20 bolts but also has a water proofing gasket between them.
With the bonding Jumper in the other cabinet and the three bolts there just does not seem to be a great connection between my grounding conductor and the grounded conductor in the disconect section of the 5 gang meter socket.
Thank You.

david

Main Bonding jumper as a wire or busbar 250.24 (A) (4)

you most likely have a main busbar (jumper) that passes through to the 5 gang meter socket side of this equipment

do not make the connection to the metal enclosure for the 5 gang meters.

IMO you can make the connection to the busbar in either section

Status
Not open for further replies.