Lutron receiver with Pico transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_ross

Do they make a receiver/switch unit that could be mounted in the canopy/j-box of a fixture that a Pico remote can operate?

I figure if I can tap power off a nearby smoke alarm for a light then I could maybe use a Pico to control that light...

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Do they make a receiver/switch unit that could be mounted in the canopy/j-box of a fixture that a Pico remote can operate?

I figure if I can tap power off a nearby smoke alarm for a light then I could maybe use a Pico to control that light...
I don't know of a receiver to go in a canopy.
What I have done in the past is to put a master switch in an attic or closet then put a Pico where they wanted a switch to control the light.

marmathsen

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I don't think there is an option with Caseta but we've had really good experience with Insteon. They have a micro module that is designed for exactly that.

Rob

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I don't think there is an option with Caseta but we've had really good experience with Insteon. They have a micro module that is designed for exactly that.

Rob
I've seen those now that you mention it. Well, similar anyway. You screw the module into the light socket, then put in the bulb. Put the remote switch where you want it.

marmathsen

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I've seen those now that you mention it. Well, similar anyway. You screw the module into the light socket, then put in the bulb. Put the remote switch where you want it.
The ones I was mentioning can be hardwired into a j-box. Here are some links

We will typically control it with a wall dimmer.

Rob

sw_ross

I don't know of a receiver to go in a canopy.
What I have done in the past is to put a master switch in an attic or closet then put a Pico where they wanted a switch to control the light.
I just did that with another install....
That’s what got me thinking about whether there’s a product that could be installed in the j-box/canopy of the fixture.

sw_ross

The ones I was mentioning can be hardwired into a j-box. Here are some links

We will typically control it with a wall dimmer.

Rob
This product is similar to (maybe even the same thing) as what I saw used in a YouTube video that I watched last night. The ‘Tuber was one of those UK English electricians.

Status
Not open for further replies.