Luminare Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk213

According to 410.6, all luminares shall be listed. I have looked online and in the 2008 and 2011 code books to try and find listed by who? I know the industry standard is UL, but I cannot find the answer. I talked with a local chief inspector here in Atlanta and he stated that in the back of the code book that acceptable labs were listed. i am looking at a T5 adaptor unit being sold here that is made in China. It is MET listed to UL standards but not UL listed. The inspector told me that MET was accepted in the code book but I cannot find it. I do not want to purchase or install anything that is not correct and to code. Please respond with any answers as to where to find this answer.:confused:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
There are many third party listing agency. You may need to contact the state you work it to make sure they accept them. UL, ETL, CSA, NTL, Intertek and the list goes on and on

bk213

I have since googled NRTL and NEC listed to find that a large number of NRTL are approved by OSHA and therefore by NEC. My answer actually came from googling NEC listed and Wikipedia had the answer that led me to NRTL's approved. Thank you for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.