low voltage splices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does 24v splices need to be in a j box or other type of encloser or is useing a wire nut or insulating eunf?. please list code reference i could not find the answer for class 2 or 600 volts and below.

thank you christian

Re: low voltage splices

I did not think a box was required either but i use one most of the time for a better looking job. but how about line voltages. what i am looking for is something saying either i dont have to use a box for low voltages or a article saying you have to use one for line voltage but excluding low voltage or anything close. It is a question raised on a current job by the GC that i am unable to locate a reference for and it has been rquested.

i am not trying to prove th gc wrong. I myself dont like to sound un educated and unskilled by not being able to back up what i say with reference. I am also interested in the answer myself

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC

The thing to remember about the code is that it either says you have to do something or you can't do something. If it says nothing about what you want to do then it's up to you.

In this case it says nothing about using a box for a LV splice so it's okay if you want to use one or not.

-Hal

how about 120v and above i could not find anywhere where it suggests you have to use a j box or encloser is there a code reference you guys could help me out with that.
christian

Status
Not open for further replies.