Low Voltage lights in Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Re: Low Voltage lights in Restaurant

Originally posted by apauling:
iwire all ac is parallel circuit. If you do not understand that parallel circuit is not parallel conductors then there is NO reason for us to discuss anything.
You got me I am just an idiot. :eek:

Wait till my employer finds out. :eek:

Paul do you know what a ring circuit is?

And yes most all AC loads are wired in parallel but the conductors are generally run in series.

apauling

if you do not know the difference between parallel and series, then you do not understand basic electronics. I do not know what a ring circuit is but I do know that AC is NOT a series circuit.

Whatever else you want to make of it, its yours.

I am not going to run, badger, I just do not give a rat's f aboutyour comments as they are often off the point, intentionally self-agrandizing, and hostile. It is good bye to responding to your BS.

find in the NEC a ban on parallel circuits, circuits, not your BS.

iwire

Staff member

I did not ask you to run.

There is no ban of parallel circuits, there are restrictions on parallel conductors.

What got this started is Pierre suggested looping the end of low voltage lighting circuit back around to the source.

This could be called a loop circuit or a ring circuit.

It IMO creates parallel conductors although it does not meet the exact NEC definition of parallel conductors.

all ac is parallel circuit
Interesting, how do you wire multiple stop stations?

Or for that matter single pole light switches?

drg

Bob , you always bring up good points and have been much help to many here......again your last post was valid and a good reference to a series circuit.

John

ryan_618

Paul: While your in argumentitive mode, review this diagram :) His name is:

Joseph F. Alward, PhD
Department of Physics
University of the Pacific

Or if you would rather just take a few minutes and learn about what you are saying before you attack someone's intellect, go to this site and LEARN SOMETHING NEW! :)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Paul, I asked you if you wanted stick with your statement, and I guess you did, so now you get the education you need to continue in your electrical career.

Iwire and Ryan have both given examples and here is one more.

series_MWC.jpg

Might this be the reason a Multi-Wire circuit is singular?

The statement that all AC is parallel is bogus.

Roger

[ April 20, 2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

apauling

one breaker, one piece of utilization equipment, series; two breakers equals parallel circuit, excuse me not all, most utilized ac is parallel.

each point (after one) of utilization on load side of service creates parallel.

Ryan, in your example, does all the current that flows in the house flow through that cord, if not, the house is not series, is parallel. Parallel is like pregnant, a little is all it takes.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Sorry Paul,
two breakers equals parallel circuit,
you're still wrong, look at the balanced "Edison Circuit" in the diagram and simply insert a breaker in Leg #1 and Leg #2, then explain your statement.

does all the current that flows in the house flow through that cord, if not, the house is not series, is parallel. Parallel is like pregnant, a little is all it takes.
HUH???

First of all who cares about the house, you said "all" AC is parallel, (yes I know you backstepped to the contrary) we're not discussing magnitudes here.

Roger

[ April 20, 2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

apauling

no ryan, someone else is. parallel conductors are covered in nec. but the basic power in a house is parallel with series taps. . 2 220 loads in a house make it a parallel circuit. all the 110 loads are paralleled to the neutral.

draw all the circuits from the main and you will see what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.