low presure sodium ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

Have an old park style post light with 208 at relay in control room. socket at post reads 277 but new bulb does not light up. Bulb is a low pressure sodium sox 55 watt not sure if it is a ballast or capacitor issue or ? any suggestions on troubleshooting this appreciated Thanks

mdshunk

Re: low presure sodium ballast

This posts sparks a question I've had. Do many people regularly troubleshoot bad HID ballast components, or do you just replace the whole ballast kit? It's been a long time since I've done any piece/part replacement. I've just been installing the whole kit for many years. Seems like that eliminates callbacks and frustration.

normbac

thanks for input Im not considering replacing ballast or capacitor individually. I would definetely use the kit. problem is the ballast is mounted down the post and hard to get to. so I was trying to get input before I went to the trouble only to find out I had the wrong bulb or something stupid like that. ( first experience with this type of bulb)

iwire

Staff member

I do not know of any way to ensure you are using the correct lamp without reading the ballast tag.

With older fixtures you never know what a previous person may have installed for a ballast.

By the way that link jbwhite posted is well worth the download.

normbac

advance
Catalog Number 71A0490
For 55W L71
60 Hz HX-HPF

This is the ballast the bulbs are 55w by22d sox
anybody know of a website or ? where I can see if this bulb is correct. It seems to call for a L71 but my supplier gave me the by22d TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.