List of hard hats categorized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
As many internet sites out there with this information it would probably have been easier to type that question right into a search engine and get an answer instantly rather than wait for it to be posted here…

garbo

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me where I can find a list of hard hats categorized for special uses.
Side note. I asked halve a dozen guys wearing hard hats how often must hard hats be replaced. I heard two years but too many cheap companies never replace them.After all we send all of our 600 & 20 KV gloves out every 6 months to be tested and was told that our torque wrenches & drivers should have calibration tested once a year. Would be great that every electricians hard hat came with an insulated bracket for a small LED flashlight especially since we do our best work in the dark.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Side note. I asked halve a dozen guys wearing hard hats how often must hard hats be replaced. I heard two years but too many cheap companies never replace them.
Per the above link, OSHA does not have a requirement for hard hats to be replaced unless they are damaged. Most hard hat manufacturers may have recommended replacement schedules (partly because they want the sales). Many contractors and organizations have their own rules which include regular replacement.

Last edited:

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Side note. I asked halve a dozen guys wearing hard hats how often must hard hats be replaced. I heard two years but too many cheap companies never replace them.After all we send all of our 600 & 20 KV gloves out every 6 months to be tested and was told that our torque wrenches & drivers should have calibration tested once a year. Would be great that every electricians hard hat came with an insulated bracket for a small LED flashlight especially since we do our best work in the dark.
Depends on how much liability your willing to absorb.
We change the suspensions at least every 12 months. There is a date code in the suspension.
We replace the hard had al least every 5 years from when it’s placed in service. We write the date on inspection records and inside the hard hat,
Should something happen it looks good to a jury to have a plan in place rather than say we don’t require them to be changed out..

Status
Not open for further replies.