lighting fixtures 150 degree cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

na112233

received lighting fixtures from owner requiring "150 degree wiring" One type terminates in round hub at arm swivel and since it's not adjacent to ballast; I figure we can use 90 degree cord (no conduit entry). The other fixture will require wiring in ballast compartment and I am not aware of any cord that is rated 150 degree and is also sunlight resistant. Where do I find temp ratings and amperage ratings for flexible cords?

mdshunk

Re: lighting fixtures 150 degree cord

You need some TGGT for that. It has the fiberglass braid over what looks like THHN. It's 200 degree C rated (I think). It's a stock item in 12 and 14 gauge at my supply house.

na112233

is TGGT flexible cord; sunlight resistant or does it require conduit? Ballpark estimate on 80 ft?

mdshunk

Originally posted by na112233:
is TGGT flexible cord; sunlight resistant or does it require conduit? Ballpark estimate on 80 ft?
Oh, you did say cord, didn't you? No, TGGT is a conductor, just like THHN is a conductor. There are a few cord manufacturers that make teflon and silicone jacketed cords with TGGT conductors inside. Don't have a clue how much that stuff would be. Expensive, I should think. Why do you need to cord and plug these? Would a run of flex be out of the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.