Lighting and cash registers

Status
Not open for further replies.

packersbay

Occupation
Electrician
So I got a call for a retail store that there lights and cash registers were not coming on, there track lighting was the only thing working. So I went out to see what was the problem the next day and everything was working fine. No tripped breakers or anything I could see why they didn’t come on the day before. Anyone have an idea what maybe caused this or happened. Just curious 🤨

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
So I got a call for a retail store that there lights and cash registers were not coming on, there track lighting was the only thing working. So I went out to see what was the problem the next day and everything was working fine. No tripped breakers or anything I could see why they didn’t come on the day before. Anyone have an idea what maybe caused this or happened. Just curious 🤨
Did you mean to say you COULDN'T see why?
There could be numerous things that caused it. Without more info, or being there when it wasn't working, there is no way to tell.

packersbay

Occupation
Electrician
Yea I know it’s hard to tell what caused it, if the problem wasn’t there when I got there. Just wanted to see or pick your brains on ideas or past experiences

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
You need to make it happen by moving wires in the panel etc. Could be a loose connection on a feeder or a service cable. push on them while someone is watching the circuit and see if you make the power go out. Same with the breakers. I usually hit the breakers with my butt end of a screwdriver to wiggle it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.