Light Pole Install

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Not quite sure yet how the heck the foundation would get installed. Never seen this type of foundations. Might have GC install.

Anyway once the foundation is set do you think it posssible to get 4 of these poles and light set with 2 men in a 7 hour day? I have a lot of them and they are 20-25' apart.

1712866189270.png
1712866214952.png

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Not quite sure yet how the heck the foundation would get installed. Never seen this type of foundations. Might have GC install.

Anyway once the foundation is set do you think it posssible to get 4 of these poles and light set with 2 men in a 7 hour day? I have a lot of them and they are 20-25' apart.

View attachment 2571070
View attachment 2571071

We used those bases on street area lighting.

There’s an adapter that goes on the Kelly bar of our line truck and it screws down. It’s real easy. We could get about 10-12 foundations done in a day if we hit no rock.

We had 4 men crews though.
2 man crew? If the foundations are already it it shouldn’t be a problem to average 2 or more a day.
The first three or four will be slow and may take 3 days until you get your rhythm down. You will fly through the last 10

IMO..

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
We used those bases on street area lighting.

There’s an adapter that goes on the Kelly bar of our line truck and it screws down. It’s real easy. We could get about 10-12 foundations done in a day if we hit no rock.

We had 4 men crews though.
2 man crew? If the foundations are already it it shouldn’t be a problem to average 2 or more a day.
The first three or four will be slow and may take 3 days until you get your rhythm down. You will fly through the last 10

IMO..
Regarding the foundation I'm assuming the base plate(top) would be about even with grade and the rest get sunk in the ground???

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Note your bolt hole centers and be sure to get the correct kelleybar adapter....

and I learned the hard way.... locate the other utilities before you set the base :)

Last edited:

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Regarding the foundation I'm assuming the base plate(top) would be about even with grade and the rest get sunk in the ground???

We left the 3/4 base bottom right at grade or slightly above depending on surrounding elevations.

We dug down a couple of inches to get the carriage bolts secured

The biggest challenge was getting them screwed down plumb so the light wasn’t tilted without using a bunch of washers to make them plumb.